Home Rewiring Services in the Delaware Valley
Is your home's wiring outdated? While it's easy to assume our house's electrical system is in pristine condition and operating properly, many older houses don't have electrical systems that are up-to-date with their area's current codes. Modern appliances require greater capacity, which means your home's wiring is most likely due for an update.
If you think your house's electrical system may be lacking, you're in luck — this article will go over everything you need to know about rewiring your house, from what rewiring means and when you need it to the process of rewiring an entire house and the benefits it brings. If you need home rewiring services in Newtown Square, Havertown, Media or elsewhere in the Delaware Valley, keep reading!
Whole House Rewiring Services
You may need whole-house rewiring services if you plan on selling your home, recently bought an older home or simply want to update your house and bring it up to code. Ensuring your house is compliant with all local and state regulations will make it far more valuable and marketable over the coming years. Plus, rewiring makes your home much safer.
If you're looking for home rewiring services in Havertown, Newton Square or Media, you'll want to consider a few points. Because rewiring your whole house is such a significant investment, you'll need to be selective about the electrician you hire for the job. A whole-house rewiring requires an expert electrician who's highly trained, certified and experienced in carrying out projects similar to the size and type of your house.
Working with the wrong electrician could put your home at risk and result in poor craftsmanship. In contrast, a qualified electrician will help you add significant value to your house by performing a durable and reliable rewiring job for your entire property. Make sure your electrician is licensed and insured before agreeing to have them rewire your house.
When to Upgrade Your Electrical Wiring
Rewiring your house is a big decision, so it makes sense if you have some hesitations. However, keep in mind that waiting to rewire your house is a risk. Faulty wiring is one of the leading causes of residential fires, which means rewiring your home is a worthy investment.
If you're unsure whether you should take the plunge and get your entire house rewired, here are some of the most obvious signs it's time to upgrade your house's electrical wiring:
- Your electrical fuses blow regularly.
- You use extension cords excessively.
- You're experiencing poor lighting because of inadequate fixtures.
- The electrical plugs or sockets in your house get hot.
- The electrical plugs or sockets in your home have scorch marks.
- You have a mix of modern and outdated wiring.
- Your electrical system — knob and tube — is underground.
What Is Involved in Rewiring a House?
Every home has a different electrical wiring system, making it difficult to know what needs to be done to the house without a thorough inspection. After a complete assessment of the house's wiring, a professional electrician will be able to assess the homeowner's needs and recommend specific services.
These are the two most common types of home rewiring projects your electrician is likely to suggest:
- Partial-house rewiring: A partial-house rewiring project will focus on upgrading or replacing a specific portion of your home's existing electrical system. This type of job often involves upgrading existing fittings, fuse boxes and cables to boost efficiency and achieve the required standards.
- Whole-house rewiring: The complete rewiring of a home's electrical system is a more extensive job that includes replacing the whole electrical system and bringing everything up to code.
Although it's difficult to anticipate the level of rewiring your house will need without a proper inspection, the rewiring process generally looks the same regardless of whether you're rewiring all or part of your house.
The five basic steps of the rewiring process include:
- Assessment: Identifying the problems and your goals for the rewiring
- Inspection: Examining the electric panel and electrical system
- Estimate: Providing you with a description of the plan and an estimate of the cost
- Execution: Performing the necessary work to ensure your home's wiring is safe and up to code
- Conclusion: Testing the work to ensure outstanding quality
Benefits of Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Rewiring your house is often necessary to meet current local and state standards and make sure power gets delivered safely and reliably. In a home with an up-to-date electrical system, you can be confident you'll receive power quickly at all hours of the day. You can also have peace of mind knowing you're minimizing fire risks.
Older wiring systems are typically outdated and may be hazardous or lead to more hazards. Rewiring your interior electrical system can give you extra reassurance that you and everyone else in your household are both safe and comfortable. Along with being an additional safety measure, modern rewiring on an older house can significantly impact the home's value so that it sells for more.
In addition to these benefits, a complete rewiring allows you to enhance your home in various other ways. Here are some of the extra advantages of rewiring your whole house:
- The chance to add to or expand your house
- The ability to convert your loft or garage into an additional living space
- Higher energy efficiency throughout your entire home
- Stable access to power and fewer power outages
Why Whole House Rewiring Is a Smart Investment
Rewiring your whole house is a smart investment because of the many benefits it offers. While the cost of a whole-house rewiring project may vary depending on the scope of the job, rewiring your house pays off in the long run. For example, the increased safety and fire prevention you get from rewiring your home is well worth the initial cost of rewiring it.
The increased home value that rewiring your whole house comes with also makes it a wise investment. In fact, new wiring from a licensed electrician can sometimes add thousands to your home's value. Even if you're not planning on moving soon, you'll be glad you decided to rewire your entire house when you do decide to move.
Contact Dream Team PA for Home Rewiring Services
Are you ready to improve your home's safety and value? Receive the highest quality home rewiring services in the Delaware Valley from Dream Team PA. When you work with Dream Team PA, you can have confidence that our trained electricians complete every job correctly, safely and efficiently.
We offer reliable home rewiring services in Media, Havertown, Newtown Square and more. Check out the Dream Team PA services areas for a full list of everywhere we serve. For more information or to schedule a service, contact Dream Team PA today.
All Dream Team electricians are background checked and drug tested. We offer on time appointments with professional work that is backed by 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.