Heat Pump Repair and Maintenance Services
When winter rolls around, Delaware Valley residents know the importance of a well-functioning heating system. But the fact is that heat pumps malfunction from time to time. When you need a fast and dependable repair to kick your heat back on, choose a trustworthy, local team for home heat pump maintenance.
Dream Team is the most reliable HVAC repair provider in the Delaware Valley. Backed by a crew of certified heat pump service technicians, we'll make sure your heating system is fully operational for the entire winter. With top-quality services and competitive, upfront rates, Dream Team makes heat pump repair easy and affordable for any homeowner.
Signs It's Time to Repair Your Heat Pump
Heat pump repairs can be a lifesaver when it starts to get cold, but not all problems are immediately apparent. How do you know when it's time to schedule service? Here are a few questions you can ask yourself about your heat pump:
- How old is my heat pump? Heat pumps don't last forever, so if yours is 12 years old or more, it's likely to need repairs more frequently than a newer unit.
- When was my last service? It's best to schedule maintenance at least once a year — preferably just before the cold season — for maximum efficiency and longevity. If it's been longer than a year since your last tune-up, you may miss small problems that can snowball into larger ones when the winter comes around.
- The heat's on — why's the house still cold? As your heat pump ages or wears out, it won't transport warm air from your heater to your entire home with the efficiency needed to combat winter's frigid temperatures.
- Didn't I turn on the heat — not the AC? Cold air coming from your heat pump may be a sign that your outdoor unit is in defrost mode to melt ice buildup. It could also be the result of a serious problem. The cold air may have resulted from a faulty reversing valve or leaking refrigerant line — issues that call for fast HVAC services.
- Wasn't that cycle a little quick? If your heat pump shuts off and on quicker than it should, there may be a problem. Whether dirt is restricting your pump's airflow or your thermostat is malfunctioning, rapid heat cycles are a sign that it's time for repairs.
- Why is my utility bill so high? If you notice a sudden spike in your energy bill during the winter, your heat pump is likely operating inefficiently. Repairs from a dependable HVAC team should set things straight.
- What's that sound? Loud or unsettling noises coming from your heat pump indicate a problem. If you notice your pump rattling, clanking, or groaning, it's a good idea to schedule a repair appointment.
Benefits of Repairing Your Heat Pump
A healthy heat pump is essential for any Delaware Valley home. If your pump is malfunctioning, schedule a repair to benefit from:
- Extended heat pump lifespan: Fixing problems as soon as they occur will ensure your heat pump lasts as long as possible, allowing you to get the most out of your purchase.
- Increased energy efficiency: Save money on your utility bill during the winter by fixing those pesky issues that make your heat pump work harder than necessary to heat your home.
- Improved air quality: Repair teams will clear your heat pump of dust and debris that could be pumped into your home through your HVAC vents.
- Greater home safety: Malfunctioning heat pumps may cycle poisonous gases like carbon monoxide into your home. Repairs will ensure your family's safety all winter long.
- Enhanced comfort: After your heat pump repair, you'll be cozy and warm with the peace of mind knowing your system is ready to face the winter.
Basic Troubleshooting You Can Perform on Your Own
Hiring a highly trained service team is the easiest solution when your heat pump fails, but there are a few tricks you can try to get your system back up and running on your own:
- Change your air filter: We recommend changing your HVAC air filter every three months to remove any debris buildup.
- Reset your circuit breaker: If your heat pump doesn't turn on, check to see if it's receiving power. Flipping the circuit breaker switch might fix the issue.
- Check your thermostat settings: Dig out your thermostat's owner's manual to see if any changed settings may be preventing it from signaling to your pump. If you have a newer electrical thermostat, you may also be able to recalibrate your system with a hard reset.
If these methods don't do the trick, it's time to call a reliable heat pump service technician.
Why Dream Team?
At Dream Team, we're proud to be the best source for heat pump repair and maintenance in Delaware County and beyond. We're a locally owned and operated business committed to serving the area and bringing the best rates and services to our neighbors.
Our vetted team of certified technicians will arrive on time and show your family and property the utmost respect for every appointment. We'll provide same-day heat pump repairs and next-day replacement if necessary. At the office, our customer service representatives are friendly and helpful, ready to walk you through the scheduling process or troubleshoot heat pump issues.
Count on Dream Team for affordable, upfront rates and 24/7 emergency services. For priority service, lower-than-low rates, and plenty of other perks, sign up for our VIP membership program today.
Our Service Areas
With offices in Media, Havertown, and Newtown Square, PA, Dream Team provides HVAC and plumbing services to homeowners and small businesses all around the Delaware Valley. When you need heat pump repairs, our friendly service team is right down the road and ready to help.
Schedule Heat Pump Repair and Maintenance Services Today
Need fast and effective heat pump maintenance and repairs near you? Dream Team has you covered. Schedule an appointment today!