Top-Rated Sewer Drain Specialists
You may not give much thought to your sewer main line until it presents a problem. Clogs are a common but annoying nuisance in sewer systems. They can slow draining or stop it completely and damage your sewer system.
If the clog is in the sewer line on your property, it's your responsibility to clean it out. Sometimes you can dislodge the blockage yourself. In most cases, you will have to call a plumber or a drain cleaner.
If you need sewer cleaning in Delaware County or around the Greater Philadelphia Area, call the experts at Dream Team Plumbing. Our technicians are expertly trained in clearing blockages from sewer main lines, and we'll make sure your system is clean in no time. All you have to do is call!
Emergency Sewer Drain Cleanings
Signs You Need Your Drain Cleaned
You can monitor the drains in your bathtubs, toilets, and sinks to identify a sewer line clog. You'll know you need sewer cleaning if your home has:
- Drains that are blocked up and will not drain: There could be a blockage in your drain so large that it's preventing proper flushing.
- Drains that empty very slowly: Drains that are slow to empty may have a clog blocking most of the sewer pipe.
- Bubbling water in the toilet: Bubbling water is a sign of abnormal suction from negative air pressure caused by a clog that is preventing proper airflow.
- Strange noises near drains: The gurgling sound you may hear near your drains is typically caused by a clog that prevents air from reaching the plumbing vent.
- Foul smells from the drains: If there is an unpleasant smell in your home, your sewer line may be clogged.
When you contact the sewer main experts at Dream Team Plumbing about sewer line cleaning, we'll assess the situation with a proper sewer camera inspection. What we find in your system during this examination will determine whether your sewer system needs a thorough cleaning or something else, like a line repair or replacement.
Where to Access the Sewer Main Drain
The sewer main drain is where all the household drains meet. From this point, the wastewater is carried to the septic system or municipal sewer. Since the main drain is not visible, clogs in this part of the plumbing are unplugged through the main clean-out fitting. Clean-out access points are pipes 3, 4, or 6 inches in diameter with a threaded plug that can be unscrewed. These pipes are often set on a concrete slab near the foundation walls, or outside of your home, maybe in your driveway or on your front lawn.
Whether you have a clean-out or no access point determines how easy it will be to perform sewer line cleaning yourself. If you don't have a clean-out or cannot dislodge the clog yourself, you'll want to call a professional to clear it for you.
Our Fast, Effective Sewer Line Cleaning Methods
Dream Team Plumbing has the specialized equipment required to locate and remove the clogs in your sewer lines. Our cleaning methods include electric drain cleaning and hydro-jet cleaning. We'll try electric drain cleaning first, then turn to hydro-jet cleaning if it's necessary.
Electric Drain Cleaning
Our specialized cleaners, called plumber's snakes, use a powerful electric motor to drive a cable into the pipe. As the cable goes further in, it twists clockwise to clean the entire inside of the pipe. There are different blade attachments for the head to tackle different types of clogs. Our cable lengths range from 100 to 200 feet so we can reach the clog wherever it is. Electric drain cleaners are the first choice for soft or hard obstructions from the main sewer drain to the lateral piping.
The main benefit of our plumber's snake is its ability to clean a lot of drain length at a time, clearing away solid clogs. The cable is flexible enough to navigate bends in the pipe without damage. At every turn, the electric drain cleaner works effectively.
Our hydro-jet shoots out high-pressure water to scour and clean the sewer drain. The water jet is powerful enough to clear hardened scale, root intrusion, sludge, debris, and grease buildup. Its strength comes from its 3,000 pound-force per square inch (PSI) rating.
There are many advantages to cleaning your sewer main line with our hydro-jet. It is cost-effective, works well, and is safe for the environment. Since the spray is omnidirectional, every area of the pipe interior will be cleaned, removing scale accumulation that would eventually turn into a new clog.
If you want the "real deal" drain cleaning, this method solves it all!
How to Prevent Clogs in Your Sewer System
There are some causes of sewer drain clogs that are not preventable, including collapsed pipes and root intrusion. However, there are a few things you can do to make sewer cleaning much easier:
- Only flush human waste and toilet paper in the toilet. Paper towels, wrappers, bandages and tissues are not designed to be flushed, so they will not disintegrate. Solid objects can get lodged in the piping and prevent proper flushing.
- Be mindful of what goes down the kitchen sink. Food, cooking oil, coffee grounds and grease can create sewer clogs because they cannot be disposed of through pipes.
- Get sewer drain cleaning service regularly. You can prevent major problems by having our team clean your pipes regularly before issues arise. We recommend having a sewer drain cleaning service at least once a year.
Schedule a Sewer Main Cleaning in Your Area
Dream Team PA is the trusted local sewer main drain cleaner for the Delaware Valley area. We are committed to providing the best experience for you. Your technician will thoroughly clean your sewer pipes to dislodge blockages and get rid of any buildup, so you can rest assured that your drains will work well for years to come.
Ready to schedule your next sewer cleaning appointment with Dream Team Plumbing? Give us a call or schedule service online today!