Look around your home. You can probably see 5 or more important devices from where you’re reading this which are important to your daily life.
We all rely on having working electrical equipment in our homes to stay safe, comfortable, and entertained. Protecting your home’s electrical system from storm damage is an important step to take.
Whole-home surge protectors could be your home’s knight in shining armor. There are plenty of benefits such as protecting against damage caused by electrical spikes and saving money on appliance repairs or replacements.
With so many appliances and necessary electronics in your home, you can’t afford to not protect them with a whole-home surge protector.
What is a Whole-Home Surge Protector?
It’s not as complex as the name makes it seem. A whole-home surge protector isn’t much different from an air filter. They both prevent something from coming in while allowing everything else to flow through it.
Simply put, a whole-home surge protector protects all the appliances and electronics in your home from damaging electrical spikes.
Therefore, if a power surge occurs, a whole-home surge protector will keep harmful electrical currents from damaging your home’s devices.
What Does it Protect?
When you think of damaging electrical spikes, the first thing that comes to mind is probably lightning striking your home.
Although most homeowners worry about this, the most damage comes from your utility company switching grids and managing the electrical load.
A rule of thumb: 5% of electrical damage is caused by lightning strikes. The other 95% of damage comes from other sources.
For example, do your lights dim when your air conditioning unit turns on? Even simply turning on and off everyday appliances creates mini power surges in your home.
There are small everyday examples of shock to your home’s electrical system. These events happening throughout the day result in wear and tear on your home’s appliances over time.
Whole-home surge protectors help prevent your home’s appliances and electronics from unnecessary damage.
Benefits of a Whole-Home Surge Protector
If you haven’t yet invested in whole house surge protection, consider some of these benefits.
The benefits of installing a whole-home surge protector are pretty obvious. We covered a few earlier.
Firstly, damage caused by electrical spikes can be thousands of dollars. Unless you enjoy spending hard-earned money on unnecessary appliance repairs or replacements, a whole-home surge protector keeps your home safe.
The device will guard against electrical spikes, such as from lightning strikes and the smaller, everyday ones. It prevents the damage they do over time, helping your devices last longer, and saving you money. Who doesn’t like saving money?
Secondly, do you have an extravagant entertainment or gaming setup, or even a full work-from-home setup? Another option is talking with our expert electricians about layering your whole-home surge protection.
If an appliance in your home sends a surge through a circuit it shares, those other outlets could be damaged. This is a major reason why you shouldn’t rely only on surge protectors that are located just at the point of use. A layered protection system is connected directly to your electrical panel and connects everything.
Lastly, a whole-home surge protector helps prevent damage to your entire electrical system. Yes, the main function is to protect your home’s important appliances and electronics from damage. In the same fashion, this device will safeguard every outlet in your home.
Protect Your Home with Surge Protection
There is no reason not to get a whole-home surge protector. Protecting your home’s electrical system from damage is important.
Think about all the appliances and electronics you rely on and utilize every day. With so many in your home, you can’t afford to not protect them.
Whole-home surge protectors help prevent your home’s appliances and electronics from unnecessary damage. This device will also protect your wallet from unnecessary expenses.
When you hire the expert electricians at Dream Team, not only will it be installed correctly the first time, you’ll have options to choose from that fit your needs and budget.
Ready for us to install your whole-home surge protector? Schedule your appointment online now or call us at 484-352-2242.